Monday, June 20, 2011

Our rains


I woke up listening to the rain tapping at my window. As I lay on the bed enjoying the music from the skies...my thoughts slowly took me back to our courting days.
My most memorable rains I have spent with you. Walking under a umbrella, wet from head to toe, shivering, while you held me close trying to warm me with your body, your love. How we weaved through the lanes and bylanes of Mumbai, oblivious to the world, immersed in our closenesss and the din of the rain in the background. We let the rain do all the talking and when we turned to each other and kissed the skies erupted in vibrant colours, the rainbow a witness to our joy.

I love to see you laugh out aloud when I complain of the amount of walking you made me do!
Cherish every step of our walk together. Two decades down the lane there is nothing in life that gives me more happiness than to squirm into the crook of your shoulder while you shield me from the rain, and as we turn to each other and kiss, my heart wells up with emotion, my eyes catch a glimpse of a rainbow far ahead in the horizon.

7 comments:

  1. ...We let the rain do all the talking ....

    Now, "my eyes catch a glimpse of a rainbow far ahead in the horizon.."

    Nice..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a die-hard romantic Nasnin :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. മഴയെ കുറിച്ച് എന്ത് എഴുതിയാലും എനിക്ക് ഇഷ്ടം ആണ്. നന്നായി എഴുതിയിരിക്കുന്നു smee ..:)

    ReplyDelete